Support Workers (Casual)
Want a job with purpose and value? Join a leading NFP organisation and give back to the community!
“The care has been kind and gracious, and often sacrificial” – Family of Focus Client
About the Organisation
For more than 25 years, Focus ACT has been supporting people with intellectual disability to live a safe and happy life in their homes. The level of support ranges from basic assistance for daily living and managing a home, to intensive 24-hour help.
- 96% of clients, families and guardians are very satisfied with Focus services!
- 92% staff engagement rate - people love to work for Focus!
- Excellent training and career development opportunities!
- Innovation and continual learning culture!
To learn more about Focus ACT, visit their website here.
About the Opportunity
Experience working in the sector is great, but we are looking for people with the right qualities first and foremost! If you can answer 'yes' to the questions below, let's talk!
- Are you resilient and can handle responsibility?
- Do you have a can-do attitude and the ability to make decisions while working independently?
- Do you want to assist people to become the best version of themselves while becoming the best version of yourself?
- Are you reliable, dependable and don’t mind getting your hands dirty?
- Can you work flexible rosters that include - week days, evenings, sleepovers and weekend shifts?
In addition to the above qualities, you'll need the following:
- A First Aid Certificate (or willingness to obtain prior to employment)
- Current driver’s license, and your own car with comprehensive insurance
- Current Working With Vulnerable People registration (or ability to obtain prior to employment)
"Focus offers great professional development, including a Cert IV in Disability during induction, which has really helped me develop professionally" – Heather Lincoln (Focus Staff Member)
Your dedication and hard work will be rewarded with an attractive hourly rate circa $27.00 + penalty rates for evenings, weekends and public holidays.
In addition, Focus ACT offers excellent working conditions including long term service leave entitlement after 5 years of employment, paid sick leave, as well as the chance to participate in ongoing training and development programs.
Don’t miss the chance to finish each working day knowing you have truly made a difference and improved the lives of others within this rewarding role!
Focus ACT is an equal opportunity employer. Australian citizens and candidates who live in Australia with a valid visa need only apply.
In order to submit an application, please complete the following steps:
1. Answer the questions in the boxes below.
2. Attach a current resume on request (You MUST attach this in order to submit your application).
3. OPTIONAL: Create a 30-60 second video describing why you're interested in this role, and why you would make a great Focus ACT employee, and attach to your application when requested to do so. PLEASE NOTE: Your video file must be less than 50MB in order to upload. The file name must not include any special characters or spaces.
3. Review your answers, ensure your video is attached, and click 'confirm' in order to complete and submit your application.